Aims & Objectives
West End Nursery is a Glasgow based private company.
Donna and Liz have a combined experience of 20 years in childcare. West End Nursery opened on Monday 2nd December 2013 after a full refurbishment internally and externally. The nursery caters for 46 children aged between 6 weeks and 5 years. The nursery is located a short walk to a main bus and train route making it easy for parents who need to commute to work.
Aims of West End Nursery
- To provide a safe, warm, happy, loving environment
- To treat all children as individuals
- To promote the development of children’s intellectual, physical, social and emotional
- To provide quality care, based on a policy of equality
- To foster a trusting and communicative relationship between children, parents, and staff
West End Nursery – Objectives
“West End Nursery will provide a high standard of professional child care”. The nursery is bright, warm and welcoming and new children settle quickly.
The nursery has a wide variety of resources and equipment to stimulate the children in all areas of their development.
Continuity of care is enhanced by the stability of a low turnover of staff and a warm, caring and relaxed atmosphere.
A ‘key worker’ system operates throughout the nursery. The role of the key worker is to provide a safe and secure environment, have an awareness of the children’s background and stage of development.